Announcement of the 'Political Statement' by the leaders of the countries participating in the High Level Forum On Aid Effectiveness, Busan.
1. At the High Level Forum On Aid Effectiveness, Busan on 30th Nov, our government announced the 'Political Statement' which states the support and the implementation of the results achieved during the forum, by the representatives of various countries including the president Lee Myung Bak, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and the US secretary of state Hilary Clinton, and the representatives of various international organisations and agencies.
o Support on the result document at the Busan Forum.
o With the appearance of the emerging countries and new private sector, clarification of the establishment of the new comprehensive partnership covering the introduction of new development model like South-South cooperation and the geographical change in development cooperation.
- Tolerance of variety and approval of the role of the emerging groups.
- The development cooperation through new partnership will act as a catalyst to mobilize various resources for the pratical development of developing countries.
o Regulation of Shared Principle and Actions between various developers, and emphasis on the political leadership for development.
※ 4 Shared Principles: The ownership of the developing countries, results-oriented, comprehensive partnership for development, mutual transparency and responsibility.
o Realization of the effect of the development on the global security and prosperity, and set the development as the prior policy goal.
o Implementation of the result documents arisen at the Busan Forum, especially emphasis on the leadership and mutual responsibility for the each country's implementation.
2. This 'Political Statement' is evaluated as the opportunity to unite the political wills of the various representatives of the globe to establish new comprehensive 'development partnership' which will provide effective development cooperation beyond simple aid.
3. Also, through explanation of the result documents of the Busan Forum in simple words, public understanding and support will be achieved, which will in the expansion of the public support on the development cooperation.